) is part of the Social Democracy Network (SDN) and an open community of people whose mission is:
- Defend social democracy, social progress and social justice
- Educate the public about science, the scientific method and secularism
- Defeat the anti-science movement
- Expose, analyze and refute pseudoscience and historical revisionism
- Oppose the broad front of harmful political movements such as conservatism, fascism, nazism, theocracy, monarchism, anarchism and communism
This list is, however, not set in stone. It very likely will be adapted in the future.
Although this wiki is mostly concerned with social democracy
, we welcome good faith users who may not subscribe to this particular political ideology but support adjacent and friendly ones; such as, for example, social liberalism
and democratic socialism
- Euronews: Jamal Khashoggi: Saudi prince MBS authorised move to 'capture or kill' journalist, claims US report
- Euronews: UN Security Council unanimously adopts resolution demanding COVID ceasefire
- NBC News: House passes sweeping LGBTQ rights bill
- NBC News: Judge bans enforcement of Biden's 100-day deportation pause
- The Guardian: US coronavirus death toll passes 500,000 after devastating winter surge — Even with average number of daily new cases decreasing, US is still experiencing 1,500 to 3,500 deaths a day
- Euronews: EU ministers agree human rights sanctions on Russian officials over Alexei Navalny's jailing
- France24: Gaza receives 20,000 Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine doses from UAE
- CNN: Alexey Navalny remains in jail as court rejects his appeal. Then he's fined $11,500 in defamation case
- Euronews: Czech arms company denies selling weapons to Hong Kong police
- AP: Killings surge in Syria camp housing Islamic State families
- AP: "Horrible": Witnesses recall massacre in Ethiopian holy city
- AP: AP Photos - A day in the life of an Indian child scavenger
- France24: France to ban far-right group Generation Identity
- CNN: Rush Limbaugh, conservative media icon, dead at 70 following battle with cancer
- NBC News: Mount Etna eruption forces Catania airport to close
- Euronews: The Netherlands must lift curfew immediately as Hague ruling says government response 'illegitimate'
- Euronews: I would vote to unify Albania and Kosovo, election winner Albin Kurti tells Euronews
- France 24: US to revoke terror designation for Yemen's Houthi rebels — The short-lived US designation of Yemen's Houthi rebels as a terrorist group will end Tuesday in hopes of supporting humanitarian efforts, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said.
- AP: Dragnet, planned law boost French fight of Islamic radicals
- France 24: French far-right leader Marine Le Pen in court over IS group tweets
- Euronews: COVID-19: New Zealand's largest city Auckland to go into three-day lockdown after new cases found
- Euronews: Donald Trump acquitted in Senate impeachment trial after Democrats fail to secure enough votes
- AP: Biden to slowly allow 25,000 people seeking asylum into US — The Biden administration on Friday announced plans for tens of thousands of people who are seeking asylum and have been forced to wait in Mexico under a Trump-era policy to be allowed into the U.S. while their cases wind through immigration courts.
- Euronews: Former ECB chief Mario Draghi appointed Italy's next prime minister
- France24: France wades into the South China Sea with a nuclear attack submarine — The French nuclear attack submarine SNA Emeraude recently conducted a patrol in the South China Sea, Defence Minister Florence Parly announced this week, sparking questions over the timing and tensions in Asia’s hotly contested waters
- CNN: Three GOP senators meet with Trump's lawyers on eve of impeachment defense presentation
- Euronews: Alexei Navalny: Russia warns citizens against unauthorised protests on Valentine's Day
- CNN Business: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has been banned from Instagram — Instagram on Wednesday took down the account of controversial anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
- BBC News: Hacker tries to poison water supply of Florida city
- France24: Myanmar police fire rubber bullets at protesters as post-coup demonstrations continue
- Euronews: COVID-19: Ukraine set to launch coronavirus vaccination programme
- France24: Himalayan glacier breaks in northern India, flooding power plant and homes
- Euronews: Italy's Draghi wins support of two parties for new government as Salvini comes on board
- Euronews: Russia expels diplomats from Germany, Poland and Sweden over Navalny protests claims
- France24: In first for Europe, Belgium sentences Iranian diplomat for 20 years over Paris bomb plot
- Euronews: US and Russia extend nuclear weapons pact just before expiration — US President Joe Biden has formally agreed to extend a 2011 nuclear weapons treaty with Russia
- Euronews: Russia: Scores detained in mass protests following Navalny sentencing
- Euronews: Turkey's Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu cited by Twitter for 'hateful' LGBT comments
- Euronews: 10,000 people rally against Austrian police in anti-lockdown protest in Vienna
- France24: Myanmar military seizes power, detains Aung San Suu Kyi
- Euronews: Thousands join in Jerusalem funeral, flout pandemic rules
- The Guardian: Keir Starmer urged to back radical constitutional reform for UK
- CNN: A huge piece of California's Highway 1 near Big Sur collapsed into the ocean
- NBC News: After Trump, Democrats set out on a mission to 'repair the courts'
- Euronews: EU will not trigger 'safeguard clause' over vaccine exports to Northern Ireland
- CNN: White people traveled to a hard hit Latino neighborhood in New York and took many of the Covid-19 vaccine appointments
- Reuters: Norway to gradually ease capital's COVID-19 lockdown from February 3
- Euronews: Protests against new abortion law continue across Poland
- France24: Portugal moves to legalise euthanasia
- TheGuardian: Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid vaccine given full approval by EU regulator
- Euronews: Novavax COVID-19 vaccine appears 89% effective in UK study
- Euronews: Alexei Navalny: Police raid offices and apartments of jailed Kremlin critic
- TheGuardian: Lesbos refugee site is contaminated with lead, says Human Rights Watch
- Euronews: Consultations for new Italian government to begin Wednesday after PM Conte offers resignation
- Haaretz: Ugandan Jews Not Eligible to Immigrate to Israel, State Informs High Court
- BBC: Covid: Dutch PM Mark Rutte condemns curfew riots as 'criminal violence'
- Euronews: COVID-19 vaccine: EU puts pressure on AstraZeneca over delivery delays
- NBC: Fauci says drop in Covid cases not due to vaccine: 'We don't want to get complacent'
- Euronews: Yuriy: France probes violent Paris attack that left Ukrainian, 15, in a coma
- CNN: Election technology company Dominion sues Giuliani for $1.3 billion over 'Big Lie' about election fraud
- CNN: Supreme Court dismisses emolument cases against Trump
- The Canberra Times: Born in the bush at Daly River, Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr Baumann has been named Senior Australian of the Year
- NBC: Biden to reinstate Covid travel restrictions Trump rescinded, impose new ban on South Africa
- BBC: Alexei Navalny: 'More than 2,000 detained' in protests across Russia
- CNN: China and WHO acted too slowly to contain Covid-19, says independent panel — The Independent Panel for Pandemic Preparedness and Response determined that Beijing could have been more forceful in applying public health measures early on and that the WHO was slow to declare the outbreak an international emergency.
- Vox: Biden’s new national plan to fight Covid-19, explained — On his second day in office, President Joe Biden unveils his national plan to address COVID in the US and issues a number of executive actions to begin its implementation.
- TheHill: Trump pardons dozens, including Steve Bannon, as he exits White House
- CNN: Biden targets Trump's legacy with first-day executive actions — On his first day in office, President Joe Biden issues 17 executive orders reversing a number of executive orders from the previous administration and addressing its failings with regards to US handling of COVID.
- AP: Federal court strikes down major Trump climate rollback — In a last-minute slap at President Donald Trump, a federal appeals court struck down one of his administration’s most momentous climate rollbacks on Tuesday, saying officials acted illegally in issuing a new rule that eased federal regulation of air pollution from power plants.
- Euronews: Alexei Navalny: Putin critic remanded in custody for 30 days after his arrest in Russia
- France24: Two Afghan female Supreme Court judges shot dead in Kabul car ambush
- CNN: Ugandan President Museveni wins re-election in vote his rival says was rigged
- France24: ‘Survivor of the Chinese Gulag’: Uighur refugee in France recounts her ordeal
- CNN: HHS Secretary Alex Azar complains of tarnished legacy in resignation letter to Trump
- France24: Merkel ally Armin Laschet elected new leader of Germany's CDU party
- The Guardian: Brazil rushes to save premature babies as Covid-19 swamps Manaus hospitals
- BBC: Covid: UK to close all travel corridors from Monday
- Euronews: WHO inspectors arrive in Wuhan to probe COVID-19 origins
- Euronews: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson pledges COVID-19 vaccine campaign will run 24/7
- The Guardian: Turkey drought- Istanbul could run out of water in 45 days — Water at critically low levels across Turkey after lack of rainfall leads to most severe drought in a decade
- The Guardian: TikTok to tackle grooming with safeguards for young users — NSPCC welcomes changes as it says abusers are taking advantage of pandemic to target children online
- Euronews: Donald Trump's Twitter ban is 'problematic,' says Angela Merkel
- The Washington Post: After Capitol riot, 15,000 National Guard members could be deployed in D.C. during inauguration — The expansion comes as lawmakers question extremist views in the military and the ability of U.S. troops to respond quickly in domestic crises
- Euronews: Post-Brexit trade: Fish prices 'collapsing' in Scotland as red tape hits UK exports to EU
- BBC: Parler: Amazon to remove site from web hosting service
- CNN Business: CEO arrested for breaching the US Capitol during Trump-fueled insurrection — Brad Rukstales, CEO of the marketing technology firm Cogensia, apologized for what he called a "moment of extremely poor judgment."
- Euronews: Indonesia: Sriwijaya Air Boeing 737 with 62 on board feared to have crashed into sea
- France24: British businesses face tariffs despite Johnson’s promise of ‘tariff-free’ deal
- CNN: Twitter bans President Trump permanently
- Euronews: EU secures 300 million more vaccine doses - doubling its current number
- Euronews: Spain records coldest ever temperature at -35.8°C
- Vox: Democrats win the Senate — by the slimmest margin possible
- Euronews: Germany extends and tightens COVID-19 lockdown restrictions to January 31
- Euronews: Boris Johnson announces new national lockdown for England
- France24: Trump presses top Georgia election official to ‘find’ votes for him in recorded phone call
- France24: Peru farmers lift roadblock protests over police violence for govt talks
- RFE: Ayatollah Mesbah-Yazdi, Leader Of Iran's Hard-Liners, Dies At 86 — Iranian cleric Ayatollah Mohammad Taghi Mesbah-Yazdi, considered the spiritual leader of the most fundamentalist hard-liners, has died in Tehran at the age of 86.
- Euronews: Thousands attend illegal New Year parties in France and UK police break up gatherings